Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Happy Birthday, Brother!

Not only is today Friday the 13th, National Frog Jumping Day and National Apple Pie Day but it is also my brother's birthday! Best not reveal his age but will tell you we are both Baby Boomers! He is my only brother. Just the two of us. I love you, Brother!


When we were young
Time brought fusses and spats
  You laughed, I cried
Through the daily combats 

I frowned with mule lip
You made me smile
Knowing in your heart
 We'd reconcile

Whenever I hurt

You were there
Showing me always
That you care
  
Seems like yesterday
Waiting to be grown
Couldn't wait to leave 
O' how time has flown

Change kept us apart
 Too many years passed
 Through thick and thin
Bond was steadfast

Whenever I hurt
You are there
Showing me always
That you care


This is the closest I could find to Cherry Cobbler.
Come on down...

I Cook, YOU Eat, WE Clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment