April 22 is...
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans are the #1 gourmet jelly bean in the world!
- They are made in America!
- Based in Fairfield, California, Jelly Belly was the first company to make jelly beans with all naturals flavors.
- Jelly Belly Jelly Beans have half the sugar than other jelly beans, and are made with real fruit juice.
- You can purchase the entire line up of Jelly Belly products from Amazon.
- The jelly beans that don’t meet quality standards are repackaged and sold as Belly Flops.
Jelly beans have a US Presidential connection...
The demand for non-chocolate treats became popular by patriotic Americans after a chocolate shortage during World War II. In 1960, fourth generation candy maker Herman Goelitz Rowland took over his family’s Oakland California’s candy corn business and expanded it with gummi bears and jelly beans. In 1976, the first eight flavors of Jelly Bellys were born.
These delicious treats soon caught the attention of President Reagan and Jelly Belly Jelly Beans became a staple in the oval office. They were the first jelly beans in space, given as a surprise to the crew of the Challenger space shuttle in 1983. [Source: Made in the USA]
Check out what else is Made in America!
If you don't have any jelly beans on hand, time to go shopping but be sure to look for the Jelly Belly Jelly Beans...made in the good ol' USA!