January 3 is...
Facts on Chocolate-Covered Cherries
- Chocolate covered cherries usually consist of cherries smothered in chocolate sauce and refrigerated overnight.
- Chocolate covered cherries have been in production since 1864.
- Cherries are a fruit, a super-fruit which is really good for you.
- The cherries are covered in sugar before being dipped in the chocolate sauce.
- Cella’s chocolate covered cherries have a 100 percent liquid center for an extra gooey taste.
Chocolate Covered Cherries are sold primarily at Christmas and Valentine's Day but can be made at home any time, any day of the year.
The two most common varieties: liquid center & marzipan center
Chocolate Cherry Cordials w/ Liquid Centers (Recipe)
Chocolate Cherry Cordials w/ Marzipan Centers (Recipe)
Of course, the choco-cherry cordials are a scrumptous mouthful by themselves, but have you ever tried incorporating their deliciousness in other recipes?
Chocolate Cherry Stuffed Cupcakes (Recipe)