Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Inspiration Beyond Measure

On catnipoflife, I have been running a series of messages about inspiration. Today, I received something via email with a message that literally brought tears to my eyes for more reasons than simply the message itself. First, I must reflect on events of late in order to put everything in the proper perspective.

Background. . .
Since my husband Jim's admittance to the hospital my time for writing at the computer (laptop crashed a few months ago) has been minimal. I have, of course, kept my notebook in hand for times in which I can reflect on thoughts of the day as he briefly rests. I interject the descriptor briefly for I know it is only a minimal time away from discomfort and pain.

The day before the initial trip to the ER we were visited by a Navy buddy (Homer) of Jim's whom he had not seen in 53 years. This reuniting had been in the making for several months ever since the buddy was located. With him was his sister Annette. Enlightening camaraderie prevailed among the four of us. In fact, it was discovered that Annette at one time worked under the supervision of my brother when she was teaching and he was the school principal. Such a small world:)

Today. . .
Each night when I return home I have been seeking my next inspiration for Awakenings. It came this morning from Annette within an email message. The author is unknown but the message is truly awakening. . .

If it weren't for the United States military, there would be NO United States of America. Click the link Without Regret or view the video clip The Final Inspection, but before you do, you had better go grab a box of Kleenex.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sharla ~ Thank you for sharing this message. It's an important one. This is an inspiring blog and I am now following you. Looking forward to reading more. ~ Peggy from Kick Back Moments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy, thank you for the comments! Sorry to be so late in replying and thanks also for the following:) Sharla

    ReplyDelete