Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pre-Christmas Cheer

Today as I ponder the upcoming Christmas season, my reflections go back to Grandpa and Grandma. Times were so different way back when: Different indeed without today's technology fuss! Some say life was simpler back in the day but, of course, that is debatable considering all of the modern amenities of today.

There is also a touch of sadness in my reflections as I prepare for Christmas without my mother. It will soon be one year since her passing but not a day has gone by without her in my thoughts. Even though sadness is definitely part of the scene, when I look upward to Heaven, I envision her face and smile:)

The poetry writing for today is titled Toys 'n Things. Hopefully, its verses will trigger memories as you remember...

5 comments:

  1. Stay up the good work! You know, many people are looking round for this info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woooow, amazing blog to read, thanks for sharing, and move on. finally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! This is just amazing! Not just high quality, however additionally valuable info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty good post. I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete